“Pain was experienced by over-indebted individuals more frequently (71.3%) compared to the general population (59.6%)”. They found opioid use was less but this would not work where I am as poor have drugs mostly covered by government.
Prev Med Rep. 2019 Sep 6;16:100987. doi: 10.1016/j.pmedr.2019.100987
Over-indebtedness and its association with pain and pain medication use.
Jacqueline W et al.
- German survey of 7987 cases
- “Over-indebtedness significantly increased the odds of pain (aOR 1.30; 95%-CI 1.07–1.59)after adjusting for socioeconomic, demographic and health factors”
Factors considered include:
- low socioeconomic status
Comment – other factors I see include
- unable to afford some treatments (eg. – botulinum for unofficial reasons like piriformis injections)
- Unable to afford rehab/physio etc
- Unable to get around without a car
- life in an unsafe neighbourhood – anxiety of living in poor areas. I have one lady raped more than once probably because she live in poverty.
Life really is not fair..